Most guys are quite content just to keep some form of conversation going so they don’t have to deal with awkward silences. The reason why guys don’t get too curious during the first date is for the fear of offending the girl or asking the wrong question. In truth, most girl love talking about themselves and will welcome any questions you ask about her.
This article will cover on – what questions to ask a girl on the first date. It is important that you get to know the girl better and see if there you have a compatibility going. Moreover, when you ask questions with genuine interest, you will see the girl becoming a lot more open and friendly.
Right questions to ask a girl on the first date
You don’t want to come across as someone who has prepared a list of questions in their rote memory. Just pop in the questions as casually as possible and be genuinely interested in her answers, you can find new questions to ask based on her answers – this way there will be a natural flow to your conversation.
Ice breaker questions
Some good conversation starter questions for the first date are as below
- What do you like about this city?
- What’s your favorite hang out place
- Are you a foodie?
- What do you do for fun at home?
- Where did you study?
- Do you have any specific hobby going?
Don’t pop in multiple questions one after the other, it’s okay to have a little silent space so that she can ask you some questions of her own.
Surface level questions
Once you are quite comfortable talking to her and find her interesting, you would want to probe her a bit more on the personal level.
- What kinda job are you into and how do you find your work?
- How do you spend your weekends?
- Do you like to travel, if so what are the places you have traveled to?
- What’s the one thing you hate about yourself?
- If money were not a concern, what will be your dream job?
If you find your date responding to these questions in an open manner it will indicate that she is quite comfortable in your company.
Deep level questions
Some of these questions will probe your date on the emotional front and she might find it a little too personal if she is not very comfortable talking to you. It is important that you have some level of rapport going before you ask these questions.
- Who is the person you are closest to presently?
- Tell me something about your childhood
- Is there anything you are stressed out about in your life right now?
- What’s been the toughest phase in your life till date? (a little too personal)
- What are your plans for the life ahead?
If you are not genuinely interested it will show. As they can be a little sensitive make sure you earn some level of trust before you venture into the territory of deep level questions.
In conclusion, just remember that being prepared with some basic questions to ask on the first date will help you understand her better and allow you the opportunity to get closer to her if you sense compatibility. Don’t be shy asking questions and be attentive to her answers, enjoy your date to the fullest.